Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pain Nourishes Courage

Hey Lovelies.

I'm here to share my latest art journal page in my as I like to call it my "mini" art journal. I will be entering this page in current but almost done challenge over at the Dilly Beans stamp challenge blog. The theme is anything goes. I will also be entering it into the new Stampotique challenge which is Text. So let's get to it.


I had a lot of fun making this page. I started off by watercoloring the background with different shades of blue and purple. I LOVE watercolors! I think it is so much fun to play with and I love the effect it gives to my pages. I tried to keep the background fairly simple and just stenciled on some stars and punchinello. I created a black and white border around my page using my sharpie paint pens. the image is a digi from Dilly Beans and the stamped words tucked in his head are from a Donna Downey stamp set. The quote I used was stamped using a wooden alphabet set from Studio G. The quote is from Mary Tyler Moore. It's actually a shorter version, the real quote goes something like this "Pain nourishes courage. You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you". I just love that.


I used some red heart washi tape and punched it out with a heart punch. I really liked how the back looked because it has some random water coloring spots and so I added my journaling on the back of the page I think this is something I'm going to do for all of the pages in my mini journal. I like the idea of adding something like a diary entry on the back side of each page where I can discuss in further details what the page means to me or what I was thinking and feeling at the time. 


Here's a close up of the little dude and I added some fun editing effects to this photo. Well that's it for tonight.

Thanks for stopping by !

Serena

7 comments:

  1. Great journal page, thanks so much for joining us at Dilly Beans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU my DEAR are having a blast with your new stamps.. LOvE it all. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge. We hope to see you again very soon.
    xx
    Sarinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am!! thanks so much Sarinda!

      Delete
  3. This is fabulous Serena, I love the background and what a wonderful quote to choose. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stampotique, and hope to see you again next time. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and I love the colours! Thanks for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this page! |Thanks for joining us at Stampotique x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this so much Serena!
    Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for commenting!