Thursday, June 19, 2014

How Sentimental

Hello Lovelies,

Today I have an entry for Stampotique's recent challenge which is "sentimental". And the page I'm about to share with you was one that I didn't think I would share with anyone because it is one of my most personal art journal pages I feel I have ever made. 


I made this page to document something important that happened to me, my boyfriend left to go to Italy to work for 5 months and I am so happy and proud of him but a part of me also felt lost in a way. Without going into further details; this is why this page was made.


I used so many different paints and sprays to create the background along with many different stamps. I used Minky girl stamp and colored her in with copics. 


The sentiment is written using rub-on letters.


And I used a number stencil by Dylusions with modelling paste to add random numbers all around the pages. These numbers represent the time and days he will be away.

 This page is very sentimental to me and I hope Stampotique members will like it.

Thanks for stopping by!

Serena

12 comments:

  1. Aw, sorry you feel alone at the moment. Love your journal page ! Thanks for joining us over at Stampotique this week !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serena, I am sorry for your loss, albeit temporary. You have beautifully documented this separation. Thank you for feeling comfortable enough to share this with us this week on the Stampotique Designers' challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay, thanks so much for liking and commenting on my page.

      Delete
  3. Awww. I hope you're coping well with his absence. Your page is beautiful. I especially like the color scheme, the numbers, and of course Minky Girl.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathi, there are some good and bad days but so far I've been alright. thank you for checking out my blog!

      Delete
  4. This is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stampotique. I hope you see your loved one soon, parting hurts, I know only too well, also that art is healing. Make more art ♥

    Thank you for joining the challenge over at Stampotique Designer's Challenge. Gez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Gez. some days are harder than others but i will be alright. thank you for your concern and comment <3

      Delete
  5. I love it Serena, it's beautiful and bright. I hope that he is very successful while he is away and that the time goes quickly for you. You will have to do a celebration page once he's home again. Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Kaz for giving me such a brilliant idea for a celebration page <3 glad you liked my page.

      Delete
  6. Five months will hopefully fly by & you will be together again very soon. Keep the proud feeling you have, the belief in yourself to have fun and it's ok while your Belovéd is away to live your life.

    A very raw sentiment from your heart, glad you shared your amazing pages. You are awesome!!! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for checking out my blog and for your kind words, they really warmed my heart. thank you, i needed that <3. you are awesome!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for commenting!